“Our experience with SouthData Release of Information services and their staff has been extraordinarily positive. We outsourced our records release to SouthData several years ago with some reservations, but this decision has indeed proven to be a sound one. Your staff has taken care of our needs excellently.”
Medical Records Specialist / Office Technician
The Neuroscience Center
SouthData’s Release of Information (ROI) Service provides a comprehensive solution to outsourcing ROI Services for hospitals and clinics. With more than 20 years of medical records experience, our ROI experts guarantee professional results and excellent customer service.
SouthData utilizes our own proprietary ROI software, SecureRelease®, which is comprehensive and customizable to your facility’s needs. SecureRelease® tracks all patient record requests from initiation through fulfillment with a web view of where the request is in the system.
SecureRelease® offers a flexible work flow with a quick request option and is fully HIPAA-compliant with user tracking and auditing ability. SecureRelease® was developed by a staff of 17 programmers who are employed by SouthData; thus customer support for SecureRelease® is excellent and truly accessible.
Outsourcing ROI can help HIM Directors:
As an HIM Director, there are many daily tasks that need to be accomplished. We understand your need to comply with strict legal requirements and deadlines. SouthData’s ROI Service staffs your facility with HIPAA trained employees who take over responsibility for the daily ROI related tasks.
Benefits of Outsourcing to SouthData
- Excellent customer service regarding ROI status requests
- No hidden fees for extra services
- Trained experts protect sensitive Patient Information
- Reduction of personnel and equipment costs
- Better ROI turnaround time
- Hands on quality assurance
- Minimizes legal exposure for the medical facility
- HIPAA compliant tracking of all requests
- Ability to focus on your HIM responsibilities
- Validate the request.
- Review the chart and associated request to ensure an accurate match.
- Ensure that all pages in the chart belong to the patient on the request.
- Verify that the name and second identifier on the request match the chart.
- Review each printed or digital page of the chart to ensure image quality.
- Check for the nine elements of a valid HIPAA request/authorization.
- Verify that the record meets the “minimum necessary for fulfillment” HIPAA requirement.
- Review chart for sensitive information and confirm that only patient-authorized information is released.
- Validate information requiring special authorization is present in chart.
- Record any misfiles with HIM Department and complete the record.
- Before mailing, recheck to ensure that request and documents attached are for the same person and verify that the mailing address matches the address on the request.
- Before delivering electronically, recheck to ensure that the documents attached are for the patient requested, verify the security of the electronic delivery method and verify the destination pathway.
For more information, please contact: Keith Kenney: (601) 862.1623 or email@example.com