The SDI Scholars Program
was established to provide young adults an opportunity to earn an
Associate Degree in Computer Information Technology from Surry Community College while achieving on-the-job
training at SouthData.
If selected as a SDI Scholar, then SouthData will provide the following:
Scholarship will be awarded based on the following criteria:
- Reimbursement for tuition and books associated with earning an Associate Degree in Computer Information Technology at Surry Community College
- 10 hours per week, paid internship at SouthData while attending Surry Community College
- Potential career at SouthData upon completion of the Associate Degree in Computer Information Technology
- Scholarship recipients must complete the Surry Community College Institutional Financial Aid Application by July 30th for the upcoming school year.
- Scholarship recipients will be chosen by a scholarship committee including SouthData and Surry Community College representatives.
- Scholarship recipients must be pursuing an Associate Degree in Computer Information Technology.
- Scholarship recipients must meet company hiring requirements and participate in a paid internship program with SouthData.
- Scholarship recipients must maintain a 3.0 GPA.
- Completed and signed application
- Essay (1,000 to 2,000 words on why you want to pursue an IT career.)
- High school transcript
Scholarship application, essay and high school transcript must be submitted to SouthData Attn: Human Resources
Department at 201 Technology Lane, Mount Airy, NC 27030. These applications must be received by Thursday, March 27, 2014 (For enrollment in the 2014 Fall Semester)
The SDI Scholar Recipient will be announced no later than June 1, 2014
Dates are subject to change.